December 12, 2019
By Pam Harlin, Meemic Foundation Director
As much as we love Santa, we know that jolly old Nick doesn’t run the big show by himself. Much of the prep for the big day, Christmas, comes not from Santa, but from his elves.
Elves are defined as being lively and mischievous. But they are much more than that. They are the strength and the drive to make things happen. Who are the “elves” that you work with each day? Those loyal individuals that make the magic happen? For me, it’s our truly dedicated members of the Foundation team.
So if you will indulge me, I would like for you to meet the Foundation staff!! (That’s all of us in the photo.)
Sheila is our Michigan Meemic Foundation Representative and has been with the team since 2017.
- Favorite Christmas memory – “Having Christmas dinner with family. We have a large family and getting together for Christmas was always an exciting time!”
- Favorite toy – “My favorite toy was an Easy-Bake Oven. I loved making my brothers cakes with Jiffy cake mix and watching the cakes bake.”
- What do you like best about the Foundation? – “I love going out to the schools and introducing the teachers to The Meemic Foundation and finding presenters for our ‘new’ Resource Library.”
Roy works as our Wisconsin Meemic Foundation Representative and has been with us since 2013
- Favorite Christmas memory – “Running to the patio door to get the presents that Santa dropped off.”
- Favorite toy – “A figure 8 race track.”
- What do you like best about the Foundation? – “The PopIn2Win grants. They are very well received because of the quick turn of the grant.”
Vanessa serves as our Senior Administrative Assistant in the Michigan main office and has been with us since 2018.
- Favorite Christmas memory – “Back in Bulgaria, on Christmas Eve, the whole family would gather for a festive dinner at my grandparents' house. After dinner, my grandmother (whom I am named after) would sit with all the children and peel apples for us!”
- Favorite toy – “My favorite toy was a Russian doll, about 24 inches high, that would walk when holding her hand.”
- What do you like best about the Foundation? – “Besides the Foundation's awesome team and what the Foundation does to help the educational community, I like the PopIn2Win grants the best.”
Jacqueline works as our Business Analyst in the Michigan main office and has been with the team since 2017.
- Favorite Christmas memory – “Watching Christmas TV specials such as ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,’ ‘The Little Drummer Boy’ and ‘Santa Claus Is Coming to Town’ on the old vintage floor model TV in the living room with my baby brother.”
- Favorite toy – “Simon Says game.”
- What do you like best about the Foundation? – “The free professional and personal development webinars in the Resource Library.”
Lourdes joined our team this year as our Georgia Meemic Foundation Representative
- Favorite Christmas memory – “Waking up to a white and frozen Christmas. Coming from the tropics, this was the first time seeing snow.”
- Favorite toy – “A Michael Jackson 'Beat It' jacket. I wore it until the fake leather peeled off.”
- What do you like best about the Foundation? – “The best part of the Foundation is that it's EASY to win. Winning is just a few clicks away.”
Abbey is our Meemic Foundation Representative in Illinois and has been with the team since 2016.
- Favorite Christmas memory - "I have 12 cousins, and as a family, every Christmas we would sing the 12 Days of Christmas."
- Favorite toy – “Barbie Dream House."
- What do you like best about the Foundation? – “Our grant opportunities are so plentiful and easy!"
From me and the Foundation team, we want to wish everyone a festive holiday season and new year filled with success, good health and prosperity!