Connections to the Educational Community
It’s what makes our Foundation different.
Unique grant opportunities with well-respected brands in the educational community
We’ve been lucky enough to partner with some of the best brands out there to provide special grant opportunities to get teachers the things they need most, such as books, classroom furniture and school supplies.
- Scholastic: Grants through Scholastic Book Fairs and the Scholastic Teacher Store have put thousands of dollars worth of books into classrooms.
- Lakeshore Learning: Our Classroom Enrichment grant allowed teachers to purchase learning materials, furniture and more from the retailer.
- Office Depot and Quill.com: Hundreds of teachers have been able to stock up on school supplies through our very popular Back to School grants.
Connections that make a difference in your classroom
The Meemic Foundation works at every level to provide support to the educational community. A few of our partnerships:
- The Michigan Department of Education: The Meemic Foundation has sponsored the Michigan Teacher of the Year award since 2007.
- Association of Wisconsin Administrators: We are a proud sponsor of the Principals of the Year program.
- Illinois Principals Association: We provide funding and labor for their summer conference backpack event.
- Michigan Youth Arts: We sponsor the annual Touchstone Awards for the Educators of the Year.
- Oakland University: Our sponsorships have included the School of Education and Human Services annual leadership celebration, an annual scholarship for teacher education and edCamp.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: We supported the School of Education’s gala dinner to honor cooperating teachers throughout the state.
Deep discounts that saves you real dollars on your school supplies
Foundation Club Members receive great discounts from Office Depot and Quill.com.
We love rolling up our sleeves to help … because it’s the right thing to do
The Meemic family, from employees to agents, does more than hand out checks. We jump right in to help:
- Needy Schools Project: Holding fundraisers and delivering school supplies directly to schools in need, like Mahalia Jackson Elementary in Chicago and Long Beach Elementary in Montgomery, IL
- Makeovers: Contributing money, supplies and labor to rehabilitate the library at Whitman Elementary in Pontiac, MI, and create a teachers lounge from scratch at the Paul Robeson/Malcolm X Academy in Detroit
- Fore! Education golf tournament: Raising money that goes directly back to schools
- Together Movement/Defeat the Label: Hosting a student video contest and providing ongoing support for anti-bullying efforts
To find out more about our many initiatives, apply for grants and attend free workshops, join the Foundation Club today!