Questions & Feedback
Life Cycle Guide
Is It Time to Adjust Your Insurance Coverage?*
Whether you’re getting married, buying a house or retiring — it’s always a smart idea to talk to your local Meemic agent about your insurance during major life changes. We can work on adjusting your insurance coverage to help fit your changing needs.
Below are some general items to discuss with us :
- Is contact information up-to-date? Did you recently buy a home or move to a new address?
- Has your marital status changed?
- Are vehicles and drivers listed correctly? Are there any new household members, newly licensed drivers or other individuals that regularly operate vehicles on this policy?
- Do health care provider benefits coordinate in the event of an auto accident? Have health insurance benefits changed?**
- Have there been changes to the drivers in the household? Has your teen started driving? Have you retired?
- Have you selected the proper coverages/limits for your vehicles? Are you co-titled or the registered owner of all vehicles listed on the policy?
- Has your vehicle lienholder (bank, savings and loan or leasing company) changed?
- Have you paid off your auto loan?
- Are there adequate liability limits in case of injury to others?
- Are any cars garaged at a different address than the policy's address?
- Should Car Rental Reimbursement coverage be added or increased?
- Are full-time college students living in the home? Has the number of people living in your household changed?
- Are you getting the multi-policy discount? If not, ask your agent how to get this great discount.
- Did you install an anti-theft device in your vehicle?
- Do your vehicles still have the right coverage level for you consistent with vehicle age?
- Are you considering buying a new car?
- Ask us if you qualify for loyalty rewards based on your accident-free status.
Your agent welcomes the opportunity to assist you with:
*Coverage is subject to all policy terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations.
- A review of all policies and discount opportunities (e.g., eligibility for claim forgiveness and more)
- Helping you to select coverage based on your life stage and current needs
- Any other questions regarding your insurance coverage
- Sharing the value of becoming a AAA Member (for great discounts, identity theft protection and world-class Emergency Road Service)
**This question refers to Michigan coverage only.