Questions & Feedback
Home Insurance Claims & Repair Services
When you file a home claim on your Meemic homeowners insurance policy, we’ll make sure it goes as smoothly as possible — because the last thing you need is another pile of papers on your desk. Of course, you can always contact us with any questions, but here’s a quick overview of how our home insurance claims process works and what you can expect:
1. Report Your Home Claim
- Call the police department to report a theft as soon as possible.
- Call us here at Meemic. Our home claims professionals are available to help you seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Call us toll free at 800-231-5770.
- You can also submit your home insurance claim online if you do not require an immediate response. A home claims representative will contact you within one business day to discuss your claim report.
Submit your home insurance claim online
2. Assess the Damage
- Take necessary steps to protect your property from further damage.
- Make any reasonable repairs necessary to protect the damaged property. Keep an accurate record of any repair expenses.
- Don’t dispose of any damaged property.
- Prepare an inventory of damaged and stolen property, providing a description of the item, quantity, age, replacement cost, and amount of loss claimed. Attach all bills, receipts and related documents that substantiate the figures in the inventory.
- If possible, obtain estimates from local contractors for any structural damage.
3. Settle the Loss
- Structure-related damages are paid based on replacement cost (the cost of a new replacement of similar quality). If the loss for structure-related damages exceeds $5,000, you’ll be paid based on Actual Cash Value basis (the cost of replacement, taking into account condition and age) until the structure is repaired or replaced. Once repairs or replacement is made, you’re entitled to full replacement cost. Structures that are not building-type structures, such as fences, are paid based on Actual Cash Value.
- Personal property losses are paid based on replacement cost value. If the loss for personal property exceeds $500, you’ll be paid based on Actual Cash Value basis until the stolen or damaged items are repaired or replaced. Once repairs or replacement is made, you’re entitled to full replacement cost.
All home insurance claim submissions are subject to verification of coverage. Only your policy indicates the coverage afforded to you in the case of a loss. Other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.