Questions & Feedback
Best Car Insurance for Teachers
Meemic is proud to provide teachers and educators with discounts on car insurance. Consider it our way of saying thank you for all of the work you do for our communities in Michigan. If you are a teacher, educator or another school staff member, reach out to your local Meemic agent to see how much you could save with an online auto insurance quote.
Car Insurance Discounts for Teachers and Educators
We strive to offer the best car insurance coverage at the best rates for teachers. That’s because Meemic was founded in 1950 by a small group of teachers to provide affordable auto insurance to their colleagues. True to our roots, we’re still committed to giving members of the educational community the best possible value in car insurance. No matter what style of car you drive, your local Meemic agent will help you tailor a policy to suit your needs.
As a member of the educational community, you can save up to 40% or more+ on auto insurance with Meemic. Plus, our car insurance for teachers includes waived deductibles for covered comprehensive losses occurring on school property, and liability coverage for transporting students to and from school events.
Learn more about the advantages of Meemic's car insurance for teachers:
Exclusive Savings on Car Insurance Premiums
With Meemic auto insurance coverage, you’ll earn:
- Savings up to 40% or more+ on auto insurance – and multiple auto insurance discount opportunities
- Exclusive educational community coverage, such as no deductible for covered comprehensive losses occurring on school property and liability coverage for transporting students to and from school events
- Exceptional industry-leading claims service and quality repairs using original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts*
Do I Have to Be a Teacher to Join Meemic?
Teachers aren’t the only ones eligible to become Meemic Members. If you work for a public, charter, private, or parochial school, or university or teaching hospital, you can join. We’re proud to serve educational employees, including:
- Teacher’s Aides
- Cafeteria Workers
- Bus Drivers
- School Nurses
- School Secretaries
- Substitute Teachers
- Other School Employees
- College & University Employees (Professors, Deans, etc.)
- Teaching Hospital with Accredited Medical School Employees