Questions & Feedback
When to Change Car Insurance Coverage
Learn When to Change/Adjust Car Insurance Coverage*
Whether you’re getting married, buying a house or retiring — it’s always a smart idea to talk to your local Meemic agent. We can give you valuable guidance during major life changes – including whether you should consider switching car insurance. We’ll help you adjust your coverage to fit your changing needs.
Call us for expert advice when:
- Is contact information up-to-date? Did you recently buy a home or move to a new address?
- Has your marital status changed?
- Are vehicles and drivers listed correctly? Are there any new household members, newly licensed drivers or other individuals that regularly operate vehicles on this policy?
- Do health care provider benefits coordinate in the event of an auto accident? Have health insurance benefits changed?**
- Have there been changes to the drivers in the household? Has your teen started driving? Have you retired?
- Have you selected the proper coverages/limits for your vehicles? Are you co-titled or the registered owner of all vehicles listed on the policy?
- Has your vehicle lienholder (bank, savings and loan or leasing company) changed?
- Have you paid off your auto loan?
- Are there adequate liability limits in case of injury to others?
- Are any cars garaged at a different address than the policy's address?
- Should Car Rental Reimbursement coverage be added or increased?
- Are full-time college students living in the home? Has the number of people living in your household changed?
- Are you getting the multi-policy discount? If not, ask your agent how to get this great discount.
- Did you install an anti-theft device in your vehicle?
- Do your vehicles still have the right coverage level for you consistent with vehicle age?
- Are you considering buying a new car?
- Ask us if you qualify for loyalty rewards based on your accident-free status.
Your agent welcomes the opportunity to assist you with:
*Coverage is subject to all policy terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations.
- A review of all policies and discount opportunities (e.g., eligibility for claim forgiveness and more)
- Helping you to select coverage based on your life stage and current needs
- Any other questions regarding your insurance coverage
- Sharing the value of becoming a AAA Member (for great discounts, identity theft protection and world-class Emergency Road Service)
**This question refers to Michigan coverage only.