“I’m just very satisfied. They were very quick. The last time I had an accident, the first question they asked was if everyone was alright. I’ve never had an insurance company do that before.”
- Linda L.
Member since 2004
How the Homeowner Claim Process Works
Report Your Claim
- Report any theft to the police department as soon as possible.
- One of the most important steps in the claim process is to contact us when you have a loss. Our claim professionals are available to help you 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Call us toll-free at 1-800-231-5770.
- If you prefer electronic communication, take advantage of our online claim reporting process. It takes only a few minutes to submit your claim. Once your claim is submitted, a claim representative will contact you within one business day to discuss your claim report.
- Please be sure to take the necessary steps to protect your property from further damage.
- Make any reasonable repairs necessary to protect the damaged property. Keep an accurate record of any repair expenses.
- Do not dispose of any damaged property.
- Prepare an inventory of damaged and stolen property, providing a description of the item, quantity, age, replacement cost and amount of loss claimed. Attach all bills, receipts, and related documents that substantiate the figures in the inventory.
- If possible, obtain estimates from local contractors for any structural damage.
How We Settle the Loss
- Structure-related damages are paid based on replacement cost. If the loss for structure related damages exceeds $5,000, you will be paid based on an Actual Cash Value basis until the structure is repaired or replaced. Once repairs or replacement is made, you are entitled to full replacement cost. Structures that are not building-type structures, such as pools or fences, are paid based on Actual Cash Value.
- Personal property losses are paid based on replacement cost value. If the loss for personal property exceeds $500, you will be paid based on an Actual Cash Value basis until the stolen or damaged items are repaired or replaced. Once repairs or replacement is made, you are entitled to full replacement cost.
Please note that all claim submissions are subject to verification of coverage. Only your policy indicates the coverage afforded to you in the case of a loss. Other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.