“Everything was handled just right and I had no complaints. Everyone was helpful. Overall it was excellent.”
- Shirley M.
Member since 2000
How the Automobile Claim Process Works
Report Your Claim
- One of the most important steps in the claim process is to contact us when you have a loss. Our claim professionals are available to help you 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Call us toll-free at 1-800-231-5770.
- If you prefer electronic communication, take advantage of our online claim reporting process. It takes only a few minutes to submit your claim. Once your claim is submitted, a claim representative will contact you within one business day to discuss your claim report.
- Please be sure to take the necessary steps to protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Depending on the cost of repairs, our Claims Adjuster may inspect your vehicle at the repair shop of your choice. The adjuster will provide the shop a detailed estimate of repairs. If the repair shop has any questions regarding the estimate, they should be directed to contact the Claims Adjuster.
- At your option, we can provide the names of repair shops in your area that are already pre-approved through the Meemic Repair Advantage program.
How We Settle the Loss
- Any claim payment made will be based on the prevailing labor rates in your area.
- If you choose your own repair shop, the adjuster will reach an agreed price with them. The payment will be sent to the repair shop. The check will be made to both the insured and the repair shop. This way, you can endorse the check when the repairs are completed.
- If you choose a Meemic Repair Advantage shop, all repair checks are sent directly to the repair shop when the vehicle is completed.
- If your vehicle was determined to be a total loss, your claim payment will be based on its Actual Cash Value, with adjustments based on your vehicle's physical condition. Total loss settlements will include the name of the lienholder of the vehicle, if applicable.
Please note that all claim submissions are subject to verification of coverage. Only your policy indicates the coverage afforded to you in the case of a loss. Other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.